If you picked up a newspaper or visited any online news outlets over the holidays then you’ve probably noticed how well the real estate market is doing. The U.S. Commerce Department reported recently that November’s residential housing starts were up 30 percent year-over-year, which means they have reached their highest level since February 2008. Another indicator of the health of the Philadelphia real estate sector is the new construction projects, both commercial and residential, that are popping up all over town. With that in mind, here are 11 residential new construction projects that we think you should keep an eye on in 2014.
A. Mode 7 (Phase 2)
- The Mode7 Townhomes at 134–40 N 22nd St and 135-39 N Croskey St in Logan Square are modern luxury row homes with many of their high end finishes imported from the Middle East. Each of these luxury Townhomes boasts a two-car garage, an 800-square-foot roof deck with landscaping, interior courtyard, private elevator, a floating steel-and-teak staircase and four floors (5,200 sq.ft.) of living space. Mode7 Townhomes were designed and building by Masada Custom Builders (Isacc Ohayon) and Brown Hill Developers. Now in Phase 2, distinguished finishes can be found throughout three customized 5500+ square foot contemporary single family home. Enjoy a 2-car garage, heated floors, elevator, 5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, spacious living and dining areas, rare and imported European cbinetry and accessories. State of the art kitchen and appliances, a beautiful deck with exquisite views of Philadelphia, and a 10-year tax abatement.
B. The Rittenhouse Estates
- Corner of 19th and Lombard (1901-19 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19146) 10 large, luxury homes with garage parking and all of the bells and whistles. The Rittenhouse Estates – the new 10-townhome development at 19th and Lombard streets in Rittenhouse Square. Built by the same developers who brought us The Lombard Estates. Eight of the homes in this gated community will front on Lombard Street, taking up the entire north side of the block between 19th and Uber streets. A driveway behind these homes will provide access to the garages in the rear. Two custom homes with three-car parking bracket the Lombard Street row at each corner. One home in the middle of the block is 16 feet wide with parking for one car and 4,000 square feet of interior space. The remaining five homes fronting on Lombard have 20-foot widths, 5,000 square feet of interior space and two-car parking. All are 52 feet deep and four stories high. The remaining two homes are two stories high, 22 feet wide and 70 feet deep. One fronts on 19th Street and the other fronts on Uber. Both have 4,500 square feet of interior space and rear yards. The home on 19th Street has outdoor parking for two cars and the Uber Street home has outdoor parking for one car. All 10 homes have green roofs with roof decks accessed via pilot houses. The four-story units also have elevators serving all levels, rear decks behind the second-floor living rooms, and fourth-floor master suites with plenty of closet space and rear balconies. The wider homes on the Lombard Street side have additional balconies off the street-facing third-floor bedroom.
C. 206-12 N. 22nd St.
- LOGAN SQUARE’S NEWEST TOWN HOUSE COMMUNITY located on North 22nd Street just SOUTH of the PARKWAY!! Rare DRIVEWAY entrance leads you to your stunning 5000 Square foot home with TWO CAR GARAGE PARKING and Elevator. 1st floor features a full MARBLE bathroom, and Nanny Suite/ Family room. 2nd floor is A MUST SEE TO BELIEVE, with exquisite custom kitchen, 10 foot ceilings, incredible living area with FIREPLACE, PRIVATE terrace, half bath,and expansive dining area. On the 3rd floor you will find 2 well proportioned BEDROOMS each with their own bath’s, plus an additional DEN area. 4th floor has Knock out MASTER suite, enormous MARBLE bath with DOUBLE sinks, and HUGE walk-in CLOSET. Top floor boasts kitchen area additional half bath, and spectacular ROOF TOP DECK with outrageous CITY,MUSEUM, and RIVER views. Just minutes from Whole Foods Market, and The Barnes Museum. 10 year tax abatement has been applied for. Delivery SPRING 2014.
D. 12th and Lombard
- Luxury new construction in the heart of Washington Square West. Six spectacular contemporary townhomes (4 homes sold, only 2 homes remain for sale) each w/ over 5000 sq ft of living space, lofty ceilings, maple floors, unparalleled finishes, and elevator stops to all 5 levels. 1st level: Tiled foyer, Study, Powder Room, 2-car Garage and storage. 2nd level: Living Room w/ large wraparound picture windows and fireplace, chef Kitchen w/ modern Poggenpohl cabinetry, Sub-Zero refrigerator, Wolf oven/range, and center island. Dining Room leads to an over-sized deck ideal for outdoor dining, gardening, and entertaining. 3rd level: Master Suite w/ double walk-in closets, spacious Master Bath w/ tub, frameless shower, and linen closet. Second Bedroom w/ full bath, & Laundry Room. 4th level: Third Bedroom w/ full bath, Entertainment area w/ Powder Room, Wet Bar and Deck w/ incredible Center City views. There is also a finished day-lit Basement w/ a full bath and ample storage space. 10-year tax abatement. Can be customized into 3, 4, or 5 BR layout.
E. 2400 South St.
- Toll Brothers is well underway at it’s newest community-2400 South with LOWEST CONDO FEES IN THE CITY PLUS, 2400 SOUTH is located in the GREENFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT! This urban community will offer open floorplans, exquisite finishes, and distinctive designs that reflect the fashionable atmosphere of the neighborhood. The Haven townhome offers an inviting open floor plan, featuring a well-equipped kitchen with a breakfast bar that overlooks the combination dining room and living room. The master bedroom features a covered balcony, a walk-in closet and master bath with a dual-sink vanity. The Haven also includes a one-car garage, unfinished basement, and access to the community fitness center. BUY NOW and take advantage of the option to finish your basement! This building, located on Bainbridge St, will provide easy access to both Center City & University City as well as all of the shops & restaurants in Rittenhouse Square!
F. 410 at Society Hill
- Welcome to 410 at Society Hill, Toll Brother’s newest community in Philadelphia’s oldest neighborhood. This boutique style community offers 55 exclusive residences featuring the finest quality finishes, which includes 10′ ceilings, 7.5 inch wide oak plank hardwood floors, open kitchen designs with Gaggenau appliances, Bosch washer and dryer, marble tile in bathrooms, private BALCONIES and on-site PARKING in an underground parking garage. 410 at Society Hill offers one, two, three and four bedroom luxury condominium residences in a full-service doorman building featuring grand amenities such as a professionally landscaped courtyard with reflecting pool, a residents’ lounge, and a rooftop terrace with beautiful river and city views.
G. Artisan 3
- Introducing Artisan 3 at the Avenue of the Arts. The contemporary mansion returns to Broad Street with 8 Stunning town homes. TO BE BUILT Expansive 22.5′ wide homes with top of the line finishes throughout including Elevators. Custom Chef’s Kitchen with premium ingredients: Wolf dual fuel 6 burner range, Sub Zero refrigerator, Wolf microwave, Asko dishwasher, Miele built in espresso machine & Grohe fittings. Living Room features a Gas Fireplace and a wall of windows facing a private 22′ wide deck. Spacious Master bedroom with 2 walk in closets and luxurious bath with radiant heated floors, custom double vanity and walk in shower. Panoramic roof top deck with roof level custom wet bar. Smart Wiring. Video intercom and Security System. Gated access to your two car garage. 10 Year Tax abatement applied for. PRICE IS A PRE-CONSTRUCTION PRICE. TO BE BUILT Delivery to be approximately 6 months after groundbreaking. Photo is of Artisan.
H. OLIVE Townhomes
- Introducing OLIVE, Bella Vista and the Italian Market’s newest development! These 4 well-appointed luxury town homes in a gated community are steps away from the burgeoning Italian Market, walking distance to restaurants, shops and Center City. These amazing 23 ft wide modern European inspired homes feature approximately 2700 sq ft of living space on four floors, 3 bed 3.5 baths, front and rear outdoor spaces, all built using energy efficient building practices! All homes feature hardwood floors, Viking stainless steel appliances, stone kitchen counter tops, a modern gas fireplace and a wall of windows. Homes include high efficiency heating and cooling and alarm systems. 10 year tax abatement has been applied for.
I. Parke Place TownHomes
- Introducing Parke Place TownHomes! Stunning NEW Construction homes with ELEVATORS, 2-CAR Garage, 5 outdoor spaces and 4000 square feet of living space! This home boasts 4/5 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms and a 7-stop elevator. Ability to customize finishes. Living room has 15ft ceilings with amazing natural light. There 8ft doors throughout which emphasizes the high ceilings. Gorgeous European kitchen boasts cabinets imported from Spain, Wolf, Subzero, Miele and Viking appliances, and designer fixtures. The property has a finished 12ft lower level den, 8ft windows, green roof, amazing city views, 10 year tax abatement… the list doesn’t end! This city paradise sits in a gated development in the heart of Center City, one block from Avenue of the Arts convenient to Kimmel Center, restaurants and much more! Special Financing available for Parke Place Buyers!! Details available upon request! 80/10/10 loans available and 90% Physicians loans available as well!
J. 2100 Block of Race St
- Located at 200 N. 21st St, adjacent to the old Please Touch Museum, plans call for each home to include a roof deck accessed by a penthouse style egress, and an elevator. While customization will make each home slightly different, the model is for a ground level den and two-car garage, with a living and dining room and kitchen on the second floor, two suites with baths or three bedrooms on the third, and a fourth floor master suite. The developers said they plan to construct homes similar to Kings Court Townhomes across the street on Race Street between 21st and 22nd. The developers are the same who built Delancey Park View and Naudain Court, both of which are located in Fitler Square. Homes will start at $1,800,000.
- 300brown. Welcome Home to Northern Liberties’ most exciting new residences. 5 luxury townhomes located at the center of the neighborhood; combining high-end finishes, spacious yet comfortable floorplans, and detailed contemporary design. Each home offers over 3,100 sq ft; a private, secure parking space; unobstructed sun-lit southern views, and 2 levels of outdoor space. The entrance level has a bonus den/office (in addition to the 3 upstairs bedrooms), garage access, and a large storage room. The stunning living floor boasts a completely open space, with a central designer kitchen featuring Bosch appliances, Caesarstone countertops, large island with bar seating and built in storage. Step through the living room and out onto the walkable, grass covered deck. The 3rd floor offers 2 full bedrooms and bathrooms, including an impressive master suite with a walk-in closet, private luxury bath, with porcelain tile, glass enclosed shower and soaking tub, Caesarstone vanity tops, and Bosch washer and dryer. The top floor contains another full bedroom and bathroom, with a lounge area (with optional wet bar) that opens directly to another walk-out deck (with optional built-in seating and storage) with unparalleled City and Bridge views. Amazing central neighborhood location, 10 year tax abatement, dual zone heating and cooling, and too many other features to list here… Projected completion May/June of 2014. Sq footage listed includes outdoor and parking areas.
Frank L. DeFazio,
BHHS Fox & Roach
Search Philadelphia Homes